Thursday, August 2, 2007

Good Morning Bangkok! Jul 9 - 13


So, with the support of the British Council, British Airways and NAB the journey begins... Melbourne Sydney Bangkok. Was very glad to be welcomed at Bangkok airport by Panu, Thailands host with the most. I had never been to Bangkok before and was really excited to have the chance to stop there on my way to London. It was a hot and colourful night. I noticed how many stray dogs their were straight away. We went for a drive around town and I really love how colourful Bangkok is.

Good morning Bangkok! I was eager to shoot my little heart out, even though I was only there for 3 nights. Panu took us to his old work , an NGO, in search of an 11 year old... we met Watt and Ritt, the sons of Panus workmate. Of course Watt is aged 11 so I interview him for my documentary Eleven, one of the reasons I am travelling! More about that soon.

Straight to work, interviewing Watt outside the grounds of the royal palace. Everything was going well until...


we got his by a monsoon! Ahhh, not my gear!! Pretty fun though!

Resuming the interview. It is quite clear Ritt wants some action in front of the camera!


Ritt the kangaroo.

Ah that is better, I love shooting at sunset.
Tuk tuk.
Watt showing me his handwriting.


More soon, but for now a huge thanks to Realise Your Dream for helping me take this exciting journey. I have been in London for nearly 3 weeks now, but too busy to blog til now. Catch up soon! Good luck to everyone in this years competition!

No comments: